Monday, October 10, 2016

Donna Downey's Abstract Florals class

Donna Downey offered her Abstract Florals class online this fall. And I am taking it, yay!  What a great birthday present from my FIL and SIL and her husband. Thank you! It's about learning to become free in your painting, beginning to understand  how your tools can become your friends (this takes time!), and how contrast can make your art work come off the page.  Oh, I can't leave out Color, many, beautiful colors and how they play with each other.  What a great class! I highly recommend it to those who are interested in acrylic painting. Keep up with her activities at donnadowney.com .
This is painting #1 & #2 of week 1.

These are paintings #9, #10, #11 & #12.  Practice does bring improvement!

Finishing up week 1 with a painting on a cradled board. And having fun!
Join me!
Thanks for visiting,
Debbie


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great class! I will definitely have to check out Donnas classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi! It is fun. Here's another fun workshop http://www.whiteirisarts.com/workshops A friend & I have started White Iris Arts, offering artist workshops.

    ReplyDelete